Renew Boston helps Bostonians save energy, save money, and make their homes more comfortable. Boston's home energy efficiency program connects renters, landlords, and property owners with incentives and rebates for home energy efficiency improvements through the Mass Save program, and provides helpful do-it-yourself energy efficiency strategies.
Last week, Renew Boston held two community workshops in Dorchester and Roxbury. Here are a few of the strategies Renew Boston highlighted for community members in attendance:
- Request a no-cost home energy assessment.
- Get $40 off of a new Energy Star air conditioner at selected retailers.
- Order a discounted wi-fi thermostat with free installation.
- Save on your water heating bills with a free water conservation kit from the Boston Water and Sewer Commission.
Use your Energy Savings Plan to be more energy efficient at Eversource.com.
- Upgrade your older, working wood stove to a new EPA-certified model with rebates from $500 - $2500 from Mass Clean Energy Center.
- Purchase LEDs, smart power strips, and water-saving shower heads through the Energy Federation.
Both Community Workshops were packed houses! Greenovate will keep you updated on future Renew Boston workshops on our Community Calendar