Our New Balance Hubway expansion is taking us on a cruise across the harbor. By early fall, we expect to add 10 new stations in East Boston.
To plan how Hubway can best serve East Boston, we’ll follow a similar process as our expansion planning in Roxbury and northern Dorchester last month.
- We’ll hold a community workshop on June 30th from 6:30-8:00 pm at the East Boston Public Library, 365 Bremen Street, to talk about what makes a good location for a Hubway station. You and other community members will work together to select and prioritize general locations for new stations in East Boston.
We’ll use the feedback from this workshop to develop several specific, viable site options for each general location.
- Once we have a list of specific locations, you’ll have three ways to tell us which ones you like the best.
- On the street – Throughout July, street teams from the Neighborhood of Affordable Housing and the East Boston Social Center will conduct surveys at busy intersections and community events across the neighborhood.
- Face to face – Drop in to our community open house on July 28th from 6:00 – 8:00 pm at the East Boston Public Library to give your input!
- Online – We’ll also post the survey online, in case you don’t get to see us or our partners in person.
Once we have your feedback, we can get the stations on the ground. Get ready to #takehubway in East Boston! Learn more about how to sign up at thehubway.com, and remember low-income residents of Boston are eligible for our subsidized membership.