s your property need to comply with Boston’s Building Energy Reporting and Disclosure Ordinance (BERDO) this year? Learn how to submit your report in twenty minutes!
BERDO requires large buildings and institutions to report their annual energy and water usage. Properties required to comply in 2016 are:
- Nonresidential buildings over 35,000 square feet
• Residential buildings that are 50,000 square feet or larger, or have 50 or more units
• Any parcel with multiple buildings that sum to 100,000 square feet or 100 units (report on all buildings)
Important things to remember:
- Deadline to report is May 15, 2016
2. Report on all sources of energy and water for your property
3. Make sure your bills cover the entire time period between January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015
4. Always feel free to reach out to email@example.com with questions.
This online tutorial provides an overview of the ordinance, and live walkthroughs of the Eversource portal and Portfolio Manager portal.