The Sustainable Business Network of Massachusetts is excited to present the Local Sustainable Economies Conference at Northeastern University in Boston, MA from June 7 until June 9, 2017
Join us for an immersive experience of learning, collaboration, action and celebration, with participants from across the US and Canada.
The conference will focus on 8 VITAL PRACTICES of a sustainable local enterprise, listed below. Our intention is to use our time together at the conference to advance the wisdom, strategies, and practical actions related to each of these practices. This way, not only will you benefit; so will our communities and our movement.
1. GET CASH: Attracting financial capital that’s aligned with the values and needs of your enterprise and your community.
2. LOCAL FIRST: Cultivating local partner, supplier and customer relationships to catalyze the Local First movement.
3. BE FAIR: Crafting equitable and effective information-sharing, decision-making and ownership structures.
4. GO GREEN(ER): Reducing the negative effects and maximizing the positive impact of your operations.
5. CREATE MAGIC: Igniting your enterprise and invigorating the new economy.
6. EAT LOCAL: Transforming our local food systems.
7. STORM CITY HALL: Shaping local laws and policies to support local business and community.
Our goal is to write the next chapter in the story of local business. So bring your experience, insights and burning questions as we work together to catalyze and grow our movement for economic transformation.
Boston, MA 02115
Google map and directions