Green & Clean Boston recognizes auto shops, nail salons, and other small industries that go above and beyond basic environmental and sanitary standards to promote and protect worker and client safety, public health, and the environment. Businesses with Green & Clean certification receive a window decal, Green & Clean certificate, and recognition on the Green & Clean website and in other forms of print and electronic media.
Businesses that participate in the Green & Clean Program:
- Have no current violations with the Boston Public Health Commission
- Have participated in an energy audit to conserve electricity and fight climate change
- Participate in yearly health and safety trainings that create a safer environment for you and the community
- Have adopted a variety of green actions that improve the environment and protect your health
- Have earned 100 or more points from the BPHC’s Green & Clean Checklist
If you are interested in participating in the Green & Clean program, check out its pageon the BPHC website.